The Cinema Times, Kathmandu – ‘Sunkesari’ slated to go on floor from Jestha 11 is just few days far away from release. Actress Reecha Sharma’s first ever horror cinema production project ‘Sunkesari’ is in high buzz of limelight. Most probably, it is the most highlighted Nepali cinema in horror genre.
Reecha herself is in the lead role of the cinema with direction of Arpan Thapa. The Cinema Times had asked 7 questions for ‘Sunkesari’. And check out her answers to all those questions;
1) Why to Watch ‘Sunkesari’?
– The first reason is, it is a Nepali cinema. And secondly, it is vastly different from previous Nepali horror cinema. And final reason is, it is made for audiences.
2) Is it or not influenced by Hollywood and Bollywood cinema?
– Yes, it is influenced in making and quality. We have been inspired by Hollywood and Bollywood to produce Nepali cinema in International level. But, not the story.
3) How do you see Nepali market for 2 crore budget horror cinemas?
– Currently, it is of comedy market. There is a small market for horror, yet there are plenty of examples where foreign cinema have recover their investment only with 7-8 screen. Similarly, currently there is good market for Nepali cinemas in foreign too. So, shouldn’t be afraid too much.
4) What affect will ‘Sunkesari’ leave in Reecha’s carrier?
– It is special for my acting career, however it is to evaluate by audiences. And saying as a producer, it is competent to be proud of. We have made a quality cinema by applying new technology. Whatever be the result of tomorrow, ‘Sunkesari’ is and will be special for me.
5) What is the background of cinema filmed in foreign country?
– Believable story for Nepalese living in Australia. ‘Sunkesari’ have gone through some pains in life and the journey after that pain ends reaching at a palace. Let’s not reveal more than this.
6) What is the reason behind procreation of horror cinema?
– Let’s see, ‘Sunkesari’ will also be an experiment for horror cinema. While foreign horror cinemas are marking good impacts in Nepal, it is also the matter companionship for Nepali cinema. Also thought, necessary to give new taste to audiences.
– Have come up with ‘Sunkesari’ for audiences. Did lots of hard work. Now, we are eager to know the audiences feedback. Please watch it once.
PIC: From Reesha Sharma’s Facebook